Do you possess a genuine interest in feeding the well-being of others and an innate desire to deliver exceptional service? Mandara Hospitality Group offers a supportive and rewarding culture that embraces a growth mindset. At Mandara, we recognize the value each employee brings to the successful operation of our business, and genuinely want all employees to thrive and be fulfilled in their work.
Posana’s General Manager plays a key role in the operation of our restaurant and has accountability for directing the daily operations of the restaurant, ensuring compliance with company standards in all areas of operations while following our mission and values. This includes, but is not limited to: Guest relations, restaurant maintenance and repair, inventory management, team management, recruiting and retention of managers and team members, financial accountability, ensuring that the highest quality products and services are delivered to each guest, building a positive and safe work environment and other duties as required or assigned.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Creates value for Mandara Hospitality through efficient operations, appropriate cost controls, and profit management.
- Maintains the highest level of Quality, Service, and Hospitality by personally spending time interacting with guests during peak hours and ensuring all expectations are exceeded.
- Takes an active role in guest service and guest relations, monitors and corrects employee appearance, courtesy and suggestive selling techniques and takes part in company marketing efforts.
- Communicates values, strategies, and objectives; assigns duties and promotes within when possible.
- Planning, monitoring, and appraising performance results; developing incentives for staff to promote positive work environment.
- Continuously improving the skills, knowledge and morale of all employees; creating a solid work culture that results in stable retention and reduction of labor turnover.
- Works closely with Executive Chef & Chef de Cuisine to ensure all FOH and Kitchen needs are supported
- Serves as a role model and sets a positive example for the entire team in all aspects of business and personnel management.
- Controls day-to-day operations by tracking restaurant labor and product costs to meet targets; ordering supplies, maintaining proper inventory levels and controlling waste, planning weekly schedule for restaurant employees.
- Maintains high level of productivity through effective recruiting, training, and motivation of employees.
- Has routine preventative maintenance program in operation; checks, adjusts and makes minor repairs of restaurant equipment, building and grounds.
- Prepares and analyzes required reports, uses approved projection techniques; cash control techniques and security measures.
- Recruits, interviews, recommend hiring, disciplinary action, and termination of restaurant employees and keeps required personnel and performance information; develops, motivates, and effectively trains; maintains a safe work environment; champions recognition and motivation efforts.
- Ensures local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policy are met.
Please Note: You may be called upon from time to time to perform other duties that may not be included in this job description.
What we offer:
- Competitive starting salaries
- Paid Vacations
- Promote from within philosophy
- Comprehensive training program
- Future growth potential as part of growing hospitality group.
The ideal candidate for the Restaurant General Manager will possess:
- Minimum of two (2) year’s experience as a General Manager in a high-volume, full-service, upscale restaurant.
- Dedication to providing exceptional guest service.
- Good communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution skills.
- Proven ability to lead others and positively influence employees and guests.
- Impeccable service standards, clean work habits and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Basic computer literacy: Word-processing, Spreadsheets, POS, etc.
- Basic business math and accounting skills.
- Strong analytical/decision-making skills
- Able to work a minimum of 45 hours per week; able to work flexible hours necessary to manage and operate the restaurant effectively.
- Professional, polished appearance.
- Flexible schedule.
Does this sound just like you…
You have a proven track record of leading a team in a guest-centric, operational environment. You have experience with high volume restaurants. You are always willing to roll up your sleeves and help wherever is needed; thus, leading by example. You are polished and approachable, representing the brand in the best possible light. You have an exceptional work ethic and ability to communicate at any level. You are a natural leader, dedicated to your job and most importantly, passionate about feeding the well-being of those around you!
…Then please apply, we’d love to have you join our team!