2 kale bunches
1/2 cup manchego cheese, grated
3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup currants or raisins
2/3 cup fresh Lemon juice
1/2 cup + 1 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp kosher salt
1 pinch black pepper
- Prepare Kale
- Remove the stems from the kale and wash with cold water.
- Using a salad spinner, dry the leaves removing all of the excess water.
- Chop the kale finely using a sharp knife.
- Prepare Pumpkin Seeds
- Place the pumpkin seeds into a bowl and add 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of salt and toss to coat the seeds.
- Spread out onto a baking tray and bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven and use a spatula or spoon to stir the seeds, place tray back into oven and cook for 7-8 minutes further to achieve a nice uniform golden brown, allow to cool.
- Place the chopped kale into a bowl and add the lemon juice, 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Using your hands squeeze the kale firmly. Continue massaging the kale until you notice the color of the leaves turning darker green. This will soften the kale so it is more tender.
- Add pumpkin seeds, manchego cheese and currants. Toss everything together evenly, taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Enjoy!