Stay tuned! Next week, we’ll post our gluten-free gravy that compliments this nicely.
For flour mixture:
1 cup cornstarch
1 cup white rice flour
½ cup corn flour
2 tablespoons smoked paprika
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon black pepper
1. Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly
2. Set aside.
4 ounces canola oil
4 each chicken breast boneless, skinless
4 ounces buttermilk
1. In a bowl, soak chicken breast in the buttermilk
2. Add oil to a cast iron skillet or sauté pan. Heat on medium high
3. When oil is hot, remove chicken from buttermilk, let excess drip off
4. Place chicken in the flour mixture to thoroughly coat
5. Gently place breaded chicken in pan
6. Cook until golden brown and turn to other side
7. When second side is golden brown, remove chicken and place on rack
8. If chicken breasts are thick, you will have to place in 375 degree oven for 7 minutes to finish cooking.